When Should You File a Report
• You should file a report if you’re the operator of a vehicle involved in a crash where the damage to any one vehicle or property is over $1000, or if there is an injury to any person, even if a police officer was on the scene. You should file the report within 5 days of the date of the crash.
When Should You NOT File a Report
• You should not file a report if the crash occurred on a private road, driveway, private parking lot or other private way.
Why this Report is Important
Data from this report is used for many purposes including:
• Identifying locations with a large number of crashes.
• Improving dangerous highways and intersections.
• Developing highway safety public information programs.
• Developing programs to save lives and reduce highway injuries.
Where to send completed reports:
• Mail or deliver one copy to your local police department in the city or town where the crash occurred.
• Mail one copy to Braley & Wellington Insurance Company.
• Mail one copy to the RMV at the following address:
Registry of Motor Vehicles
P.O. Box 55889
Boston, MA 02205-5889